Monday, April 13, 2009

Simple love, simple joy

The latest E-spresso really spoke to me. I've come to realize, like it says, that "One of these days, is NONE of these days," and "Every day we're alive is a special occasion." We should treat it as such. Sure, we want to have a long-term vision and a plan, but not at the expense of the moment. Thus, "as much as possible, life should be a pattern of experience to savor, not endure."

Everyone seems to do a fair amount of enduring these days, I think we could afford to savor things a little more.

Jesus said this and I agree:

The only thing that matters is love. The only things you can take with you are the rewards of obedience and sacrifice. The only things that seem important are things done for Me, and things done for others to make them happy, to help them serve Me better.

2 comments:

James said...

Good one Bro! That`s so true.

Anonymous said...

Aww Jamie, you're gonna make me cry. You're too tender. I love you.

-Liz