Wednesday, April 15, 2009

The Schwartz's artistic heritage

I've always been into art, ever since I was a kid in class (pictures of Indians were a very recurring theme) up until I started drawing in earnest and contributing to Family pubs, and then until now when I have no time or patience for it. :-) Don't worry though, maybe if I get really inspired on a free day I'll get back to my roots and try to draw something nice, then toss it up here and see what people think.
But no sir, the artistic talent doesn't stop with me in our family, as Dan (eldest) also boasts creative skills, as you can see in the following picture.
This is one of his most famous works ("Best Whale Ever" comes in a close second), which always impressed me with it's graphic yet thought-provoking depiction of God's righteous anger towards the wicked. Be warned, the following picture isn't for the faint-hearted!



2 comments:

Frank said...

Oh, oh! Now this brings back memories...All those old pictures, all those flying arrows, all those poor, dying settlers...

Anyways. A masterpiece. Lose an ear, and you may just be able to replicate it.

Cookie said...

Are you sure he isn't?